School is back in session. And parents across the country let out a collective “halleluiah”! But amidst the joy and excitement, there is still the anticipation of all the sniffles, coughs and sore throats that inevitably pass their way around the classroom . As parents, our natural tendency is to do everything we can to shield our children, supporting them both emotionally and physically. While we can’t protect our kids against every illness, there are several things we can do to support their health right now.
Here are 5 supplements that can help offer our kids a healthy and successful school year.
1. Quality Multivitamin
It’s often difficult to ensure children receive an adequate supply of critical vitamins and minerals through diet alone with busy school schedules, after-school activities, and picky tastebuds.
Incorporating a multivitamin into their routines is a great choice to help support energy, mental clarity and immunity. But not all multivitamins are the same, so be sure to carefully select a product with quality ingredients and that is GMP certified.
Two Children's Multivitamins that we often recommend are:
- SmartyPants Organic Multivitamin Gummies - kids love this yummy chew that is complete with Omegas, vitamin D and B12.
- intraKID Liquid Multivitamin - offers 215+ ingredients enriched with naturally-sourced fulvic acid.
2. Sleep Support
Quality rest is crucial for being healthy, yet sleep problems among kids are very common. Whether they don’t get enough or the sleep they get is poor quality, it is important to address the issues to assure proper rest for healing and restoration.
Two products that can help make bedtime easier are:
- Calming Cream - delivers transdermal L-Theanine, 5-HTP, Magnesium, and Beta-Phenyl-GABA in a creamy lavender oil lotion base.
- Magnesium Glycinate Liquid - a couple teaspoons of this tasty liquid right before bed helps kids relax and stay asleep.
3. Immune System Support
There are a few vitamins and minerals that are essential for immune support, especially while kids are exposed to germs all day in the classroom.
- Zinc Lozenges - perhaps the most important supplement in relation to virus protection. It is a modulator of the production of inflammatory cytokines.
- Vitamin D Gummies - Vitamin D3 is a powerful regulator of the immune system
- Vitamin C Chewables - supports mitochondrial health in the fight against viruses.
- Pure Defense Chewable - a blend of nutrients and herbal extracts designed to support overall immune defense and upper respiratory tract health.
4. Gut Health
Poor digestion affects every aspect of your health, especially the immune system. When our kids' bodies can’t properly break things down or absorb them, it doesn’t matter how how much good food you eat, they won’t be functioning optimally.
- FloraBoost Probiotic- proprietary blend of highly viable, pure strains of “friendly” bacteria that have been clinically shown to support immune health.
- Vital-Zymes Chewable - broad-spectrum combination of enzymes supports the breakdown, absorption, and utilization of nutrients.
4. Attention and Focus
It can be a challenge for kids of all ages to focus and sit still for an entire school day. There are a few supplements that can help support healthy memory, cognition and attention.
- Focus Fizz - yummy blend of herbs and nutrients intended to support a feeling of calm and focus.
- Focus Patch - convenient patch containing nutrients that stimulate brain health and support its optimal function.
Our kids deserve a great start to this new school year!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Wellness Team at 512-992-1016. We’re happy to provide you with more support and answer questions about all your supplement needs.