Infrared saunas are an effective tool for natural healing and prevention. The relaxation begins the moment you step into an infrared sauna. The heated, natural wood environment will immediately begin to reduce stress, relax muscles, and melt away tension as it envelops you with penetrating warmth. Rather than heating the air around you, a 3 wave infrared sauna uses near, mid and far wavelengths to heat the body from the inside-out. This produces a host of health benefits including detoxification, weight loss, pain reduction and improved circulation. Infrared sauna therapy can be the perfect compliment to your current wellness plan.
What Are The Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy?
- Detoxification: Sweating has long been known to be an effective way to remove toxins from the body. Infrared sauna detoxification happens by heating the body from within, causing a rise in core temperature and heart rate. This results in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
- Anti-Aging and Purifying to The Skin: Research shows that the skin on your entire body can benefit from infrared sauna therapy. Regular sessions can improve skin cell turnover and remove pathogenic bacteria from the skin to help with acne. Exposure to infrared can also promote collagen and elastin production to tighten and tone the skin for a more youthful appearance.
- Reduced Pain and Inflammation: Infrared heat penetrates deep into the tissue, joints and muscles to help relieve the aches and pains of chronic pain conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Infrared wavelengths penetrate the body to create heat, which creates profound therapeutic benefits. It also allows for improved production of white blood cells so the body is more efficient in healing itself and preventing recurring pain symptoms.
- Weight Management: Some studies show that infrared saunas burn calories at about 600 calories per hour and can even keep your heart rate elevated for the 30 minutes following the session. Your body’s core temperature increases and makes your body work that much harder to cool itself down which causes a substantial increase in sweat and also increases blood flow and heart rate. This allows for an increased metabolic rate, and, in turn, weight loss and additional caloric burn.
- Improved Circulation: When the body temperature elevates in an infrared sauna, it produces an increase in blood flow that mimics the benefits of a passive cardiovascular workout. Regular sauna sessions, especially those with middle infrared light, can stimulate blood flow, improve muscle recovery and promote muscle relaxation.
- Reduced Blood Pressure with Regular Use: Infrared sauna use can help normalize blood pressure and cholesterol levels. By increasing the heart rate, and dilating the blood vessels in a similar way as a moderate exercise such as jogging, the sauna is known to support lower systolic blood pressure.
- Relaxation: perhaps the greatest benefit of the sauna is the tremendous feeling of relaxation and reduced stress! Reducing our current stress levels may be the most important thing that we do for our overall health and wellness. You will leave a sauna session with an extra dose of energy and a sense of well-being.
Is Infrared Sauna Therapy Safe?
Detoxing the body with infrared heat is a safe and easy way to promote overall health and wellness. The high rate of blood flow combined with the direct heat causes the body to expel impurities in a natural way. The resulting detox can improve many facets of the bodies functionality.
As with any new health treatment, it is best to speak with your doctor before proceeding. We recommend starting with a 10-15 minute session and then progress to longer sessions as your body adjusts. Be sure to leave the sauna if you feel light headed or uncomfortable. It is also important stay well hydrated during and after the session.
How Often Should I Use An Infrared Sauna?
There is no definitive answer for the optimal time to use an infrared sauna, but they are safe to use every day. In fact, you’ll likely see the wellness benefits sooner if you use it daily. Most people do 2 to 3 infrared sauna (30 minute sessions) per week. It really depends on what type of benefits you are trying to achieve and how quickly you want to see results. Some use a sauna once a month for relaxation and general detox. Others may choose to use it every day to help manage chronic pain or illness.
We’re so happy to be able to provide 3-Wave Infrared Sauna Therapy to anyone in Bee Cave or the greater Austin area. If you’re ready to relax, detox, and restore your body, schedule a session today and start enjoying the benefits of this exceptional healing technique!