A plant-based diet, when incorporated in a balanced way, can have incredible benefits for your overall health. I have a few easy tips for incorporating more plant based meals into your world.
Add in the Good Stuff
Start simply by adding high quality fruits, vegetables and superfoods into your daily routine. You will get a mega-dose of antioxidants from foods such as:
- wild blueberries
- mandarin oranges
- fresh leafy greens
- bee pollen
- get adventurous - try something new!
Try not to focus on what you are eliminating - rather appreciate all the new, delicious colorful foods you're now enjoying.
Get Your Green Smoothie On
There are some super tasty recipes to make your greens taste delicious and add an extra punch to your nutrition.
A simple and easy Green Smoothie includes:
- Base - water, coconut water or nut milk
- Fruits - select a few seasonally fresh or frozen organic fruits. a few of my favorites right now are citrus, bananas, papaya and mandarin orange.
- Leafy greens of your choice -
- Bonus - add in some bee pollen, maca, spirulina or cacao. These will take your nutrition and your taste buds to the next level.
Back yourself up with some great recipe books and resources. Here are a few of my favorite books right now:
Eat Feel Fresh - by Sahara Rose
I love her down to earth approach to plant based meals.
Life Changing Foods- by Anthony William
Anthony William offers nuggets of wisdom on many of the properties of various foods and superfoods. This makes your exploration extra fun.
We are here for you at Alive and Well to help your thriving.
If you have any questions on your health and healing journey, please reach out or stop by and speak with one of our Wellness Specialists.